Gir Cow Milk (A2 Milk)
Gir cow milk is categorized as A2 milk. Regular consumption of A2 milk has shown reduction in autism in children, schizophrenic symptoms, incidence of cardiovascular disease , type-1 diabetes and various neurological, endocrine and immunological disorders. Cow’s milk contains two major protein groups; caseins and whey proteins and out of which caseins account for 80% of milk protein.
How A1 Milk Is Harmful?
- Among the caseins, beta casein is the second most abundant protein and has excellent nutritional balance of amino acids. There are 12 genetic variants of beta casein (A1, A2, A3, B, C, D, E, F, G, H1, H2, and I ) and out of these A1 and A2 are the most common. The A1 and A2 variants differ only by one amino acid, which is histidine in A1 and proline in A2.
- The milk which contain only A1 beta casein protein known as A1 milk while which contain A2 beta casein protein called as A2 milk. All Indian native cattle breeds like Gir cow produces only A2 milk.
- While the foreign cattle breeds like HF breed produces only A1 type of milk and Jersey breed produces higher A1 and low A2 milk. During 1963 under Intensive Cattle development Project (ICDP), cross breeding of native cattle with exotic dairy cattle breeds was introduced in India to increase milk production.
- Most of our pure native breeds of India are vanished and some are on the way of extinction due to this cross breeding programme. Whatever milk we get from the various sources is either A1 milk or mixture of A1 milk.
- Gir cow is one of the oldest native cow of India.
- Gir cow produces only A2 type of milk.
Diseases from A1 Milk
- Type 1 diabetes (DM-1).
- Coronary heart disease (CHD).
- Arteriosclerosis, sudden infant death syndrome.
- Formation of arterial plaque : BCM7 acts as an oxidant of low dietary lipoproteins (LDL) and oxidation of LDL is believed to be important in formation of arterial plaque.
- Autism in children
- Sudden infant death syndrome
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Endocrinedys functions like hormone imbalance, endometritis and related infertility problems in
Mostly produced by HF & Jersey Cow